Monday, July 27, 2015

Canoeing on Wild Goose Lake, Ontario, July

We are spending three days at Wild Goose Lake, which is just east of Geraldton, ON.  This is a pretty remote part of our trip from Thunder Bay to Ottawa. The campsite and the lake are very pretty. The weather has been fine and hot -- a maximum of 32C on the day I write this. I rented a canoe from the camp and headed out on the first day. An ignominious end to my travel as the wind would just push me back to shore each time. So, the next day I went out again when the wind had died and did a good, long, quintessentially Canadian paddle. There were loons fishing and a variety of sea birds, particularly around the small island you can see in the first photo. A tern (at least, I think it was a tern) flew low overhead several times, to warn me away. 

The hammock set in our campsite

Satay on the BBQ

Wild Goose is quite a good size lake


On the canoe, early morning

On the canoe, early morning

No comments:

Post a Comment